CategoriesArts and Crafts - Literature and Writing - Sports and Leisure - Wellbeing
The Lighthouse is a completely new style of day service guiding adults with learning disabilities through development, enablement and enrichment
The Lighthouse aims to help adults with learning disabilities discover and achieve their dreams while having fun and enjoying their community. We will help each member of our growing family to embrace and develop their own natural abilities as well as exploring new and exciting possibilities throughout Gloucestershire and beyond.
Our purpose is to combine self-directed learning with enablement, social development and fun-filled enrichment through creative use of a wide range of both in-house and community activities. We provide a guide to help each of our users live the most enhanced, fulfilling and independent lives they can.
At The Lighthouse, you can expect:
- Hourly, half day or full day sessions (Contact us for pricing)
- A fun, friendly, family atmosphere where you can develop new and existing skills through gentle encouragement and guidance from our experienced staff.
- A personalised and goal oriented partnership with patient and experienced support workers.
- Help to develop at your own pace, according to your own personal learning style, in the areas most important to you.
- Guidance to achieve in a way which promotes confidence and pride.
- Active participation in the planning of the service through one-to-one time, group discussions and more formal member meetings.
- 'One-to-One' time with a key worker to discuss progress, develop new goals and raise any concerns/issues.
We are based at 46 Westgate Street and have a range of rooms to suit any activity and will be making good use of each of them throughout the week!