CategoriesArts and Crafts - Festivals and Seasonal - Performing Arts
Looking for something fun and creative to do this August?
Join us online on our virtual ‘OPEN ROAD’ CARNIVAL COURSE
10am – 2pm on 15th, 22nd and 29th August via Zoom!
A great way to get creative this summer, exploring your own, fun movement sequences, and making some costume elements or props to do that in!
We have up to 10 places available for disabled participants. Family members, housemates and/or Personal Assistants are welcome to join in with you!
To apply, you will need to be aged 12+ and:
- Have experience of living with a disability. - Have an interest in Carnival, outdoor arts, performing, design or crafts.
- Be keen to join in with Carnival moves.
- Be happy to participate in both improvised and set dance material.
- Be interested in making costumes and/or props (we’ll send materials and/or talk to you about what is already in your home which could be used).
- Be interested in learning alongside disabled and non-disabled peers.
The workshops will take place on Zoom, which is easy to download and use (we can talk you through getting online).
- We’re using inclusive teaching approaches to make sure that we can work with as wide a range of people as possible.- Movement and making workshops will be no longer than 45 minutes each, with independent work (away from the screen) in between.- We’ll talk about your access needs in advance to see how we may be able to remove your barriers to participation.
You will need:
- To be able to follow and remember movement.- A computer, tablet or smartphone with functioning camera, microphone and speakers.- To download Zoom, the online platform (we can help you get set up and try it out in advance).- Space in your home to move and get creative in.
To Apply (Deadline: Monday 27th July 2020)
For further information and an application form visit our website:
Or contact email@example.com.
If you need to apply in an alternative format, or would like to speak to us about this opportunity before applying, please leave a message for Amy on 01452 863855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org