CategoriesSports and Leisure
BEAM! through Gymnastics is an accessible gymnastics club supporting children with additional emotional, physical, behavioural and sensory challenges.
The target audience of BEAM! is any child who has additional emotional, physical, behavioural and sensory challenges. Acknowledging that every gymnast has differing needs, our BEAM! Team works with each child individually to set achievement targets for each participant.
- New gymnasts will Initially start in a session of between 6 and 8 participants for the first term
- ~Sessions run on a cycle of 6 weeks
- ~ Expectation that a participant would attend the full 6 session cycle with opportunity to experience gymnastics
- ~ A participant can engage in a new cycle at the end of each cycle if they so wished
- ~ Each session will include warm up games, movement to music, apparatus circuits and cool down
- ~ Sessions offer an accessible break out areas at all times, with a dark den, sensory toys and lighting
- ~ Visual aids such as ‘now and next’ cards
- ~ Affordable membership fees
The club currently operates from the Sports Hall at Cirencester College and the Gym Hall at Fairford Primary School, providing a welcoming, supportive and accepting environment where children are able to ‘Beam! through Gymnastics’.Our sessions are currently paused due to the Covid19, however, our waiting list remains open and we are happy to engage and chat with anyone interested in joining us.